Connect with us

Vegan ‘Left In Tears’ After Eating McDonald’s Burger As She Realized It Was Chicken

Viral

Vegan ‘Left In Tears’ After Eating McDonald’s Burger As She Realized It Was Chicken

“It’s DANGEROUS to mislabel food!”

Charlotte Sunshine recently ordered the deluxe veggie meal but instead was given a chicken burger in veggie wrapping at a Maccies restaurant in Corstorphine, Edinburgh. Just after a bite, the 26-Year-Old was left vomiting and in tears. She was utterly traumatized, especially as she was eating meat for the first time. 

Charlotte Sunshine looked forward to eating her Veggie Deluxe meal from McDonald’s.

“I don’t care how much backlash I get from this. I’m completely traumatized from being given chicken that’s labeled as a veggie burger when I’ve never eaten meat in my life.” Charlotte wrote on Twitter, expressing her disappointment. She added: “I’ve vomited, and I still feel sick; it’s DANGEROUS to mislabel food!!!”

But the 26-year-old was left “vomiting and in tears” after just one bite as she realized she was eating real chicken.

1 6
via Kennedy News And Media

She further explained that she instantly burst into tears, was physically sick, was hungry, and had looked forward to her ordered veggie deluxe meal. She continued: “I took a bite into it, and then when I swallowed, I realized this wasn’t what I was expecting to bite into. Because I’ve never eaten meat, it didn’t register that it tasted like meat because I didn’t know what [meat] tasted like.”

Here’s the deluxe veggie packaging, which contained the chicken burger instead.

4a 2
via Kennedy News And Media

“It tasted similar to Quorn, but the veggie deluxe doesn’t taste like that. As soon as I realized it, I froze, and I messaged my boyfriend, saying that I’m panicking. I asked him to check if they’d changed the veggie burger, but when I Googled it, I saw they hadn’t. It traumatized me. I got Calum [her BF] to come and pick me up because I didn’t want to be on my own and needed some moral support. He was upset on my behalf too.”

“As soon as I realized, I froze, and I messaged my boyfriend saying that I’m panicking.” Charlotte Tweet had read.

2 5
via Kennedy News And Media

“It’s dangerous. If you’re misleading food, then it could be something someone’s allergic to. I know chicken isn’t a common allergy, but as I’d never eaten, I could have been severely allergic to it. I could have been hospitalized. I used to enjoy the veggie deluxe when I couldn’t be bothered cooking, but I’ll never eat at McDonald’s again. I was feeling ill the whole night and then right into the next day.”

She added: “It traumatized me. I got Calum to come and pick me up because I didn’t want to be on my own, and I needed some moral support. He was upset on my behalf too.”

3 5
via Kennedy News And Media

McDonald’s has since responded to the incident via its spokesperson. The food chain claimed its Customer Service Team is currently contacting the customer [Charlotte] to help find a resolution. McDonald equally insisted that they have several procedures to avoid inaccurate orders, but in this case, it wasn’t followed and is looking into why it occurred. 

However, Charlotte has vegetarian parents, so she was never introduced to meat and has never considered it.

“We recognize that it is not acceptable to serve meat when a vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologize to the customer for the mistake that was made in this instance.” McDonald’s spokesperson said via a statement.  

More in Viral

To Top