Connect with us

Furious Vegan Is Struggling To Get Over Trauma Of Eating ‘Vegan Pizza’ With Ham On It

Food

Furious Vegan Is Struggling To Get Over Trauma Of Eating ‘Vegan Pizza’ With Ham On It

He repeatedly asked before eating.


Vegan childcare worker from Sydney Patrick Hunkins felt sick to his stomach upon eating his plant-based pizza from Domino’s. Speaking to DailyMail, Patrick said, “I had a horrible sinking feeling. I had eaten an animal. Not eating animals has become a core part of my belief system.”

Before eating, he made sure to crosscheck with the staff and was convinced it was not real ham.

But after eating everything, he felt ill. After that, he messaged Domino’s through Facebook but the company chose to ‘honor’ their employees’ rebuttal. Despite the pictures showing how the hams looked different.

“I felt shame and pain for the animal. And felt guilty for having unknowingly consumed a product that goes against my endeavours to reduce my environmental footprint as well as harm to other animals… I was shocked.”

Domino’s Australia spokesman opened up, “We would like to publicly apologize to our customer. This was an inadvertent mistake.”



“I was shocked.”

The spokesman continued, “We have specific procedures in place for customers with vegan or allergen requirements, including using fresh gloves and cutting blades for their order. Because of these procedures, we have received positive feedback from customers on our vegan range.

“But in a busy store environment, we know that mistakes, though uncommon, can happen. Where this is the case, our local store will refund or remake the order as soon as possible.”



More in Food

To Top