Bride Sparks Outrage After She Shared Bizarre Rules For Bridesmaids
Joseph AdeyinkaPublished on
Nothing can turn a fantastic day like a wedding into a complete horror scene. Most of the time, the fault is from the brides, and it doesn’t appear to be ending. Just recently, a bride’s desire to have her bridesmaids sign a list of bizarre rules has sparked an outrage online while leaving the celebration on edge. The contract or perhaps rules didn’t only dictate what the women can or can’t do on the day of the wedding, but also covered things they need to agree with before the wedding.
An unidentified bride, suspected to live in the United States sent a list of 37 rules to her bridesmaid including not gaining more than three kilos and deliberately getting pregnant ahead of the wedding
The unidentified bride, suspected to live in the United States, distributed a list of 37 rules to her bridesmaids and explained she had to hand out the document, having sighted numerous posts hinged on problems with bridesmaids. Among the outrageous rules include bridesmaids not gaining more than three kilos and deliberately getting pregnant before the occasion.
The list of bizarre rules sparked outrage online while leaving the celebration on edge as only 6 out of 10 agreed to sign
‘I’ve read posts about issues with Bridesmaids, and I gave out a contract. It explained my expectations from beginning to end.’ The bride had captioned the post alongside a photo of the contract. Instantly, the picture amassed attention and had widespread criticism. According to the bizarre list, Bridesmaids were prohibited from colored lipstick, false eyelashes, and colored contact lenses unless they were professionally applied.
The contract rules didn’t only dictate what the women can or can’t do on the day of the wedding but covered things they need to agree with before the wedding
Additionally, hair color must be brown or black; at the reception flirting with male guests is forbidden, and bridesmaids must no matter remain optimistic and excited throughout the night while supporting the bride in whatever she’s doing. The bride demanded the women save $65 weekly for 14months to use it for their expenses.
‘I’ve read posts about issues with Bridesmaids, and I gave out a contract. It explained my expectations from beginning to end.’ The bride had captioned her post
Her post added: ‘I started with ten ended with 6. I refused to be stressed. N I didn’t budge on any of it. Please put your email in the comment if you would like a copy emailed to you, to personalize.’ As seen in her caption, only six are willing to sign the contract. However, it has been ridiculously slammed since uploaded by an anonymous on Facebook. A lot of internet users revealed they would decline in partaking in the wedding under such restrictions.
Here’s The Full List Of Bridesmaid Contract:
- I have to attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, fitting and rehearsals, and wedding (the only time this can be missed is death or jail, pregnancy over five months, and some sickness with recent doctor’s note).
- I will take care of my skin, hair, and nails from now until the wedding.
- The bride will choose my make-up artist on the day of the wedding.
- I will agree to wear the dress the bride chooses regardless of my own opinions, style, or color.
- I will not wear any extra accessories, items of clothing, or jewelry on the day of the wedding except my wedding or engagement ring.
- I will not intentionally fall pregnant before the wedding. (Pregnancy under five months will not be excused from attending wedding events).
- I will not grow sensitive and angry with the bride because I understand that she has a bossy attitude.
- I will not attempt to outdo the bride in any way.
- I will wear the hairstyle the bride chooses for the wedding day.
- I understand that I have to purchase my dress and shoes and hairstyle for the wedding.
- I understand that the bachelorette party may be a destination getaway.
- I understand that I have to purchase a bachelorette party T-shirt and fund my trip if it is away.
- I understand that the maid and matron of honor will need help finding some events. The wedding and reception are not included.
- I understand that the bride does not want any suggestion, and this agreement is on here twice, two different ways because the bride wants it to be precise. The only suggestion allowed is a way to get her exact item at a cheaper price.
- No black drawn-on eyebrows or thick drawn-on (a matter of fact, revert to make-up law above).
- No glossy colored lipstick allowed (the kind that looks very shiny and bright).
- No colorful nails on the day of the wedding. The only colors allowed are American, French, or Nudes.
- I will provide the bride with my normal seven-day schedule within five days of signing this contract.
- I will agree to save at least $50 [£40] a month for expenses for the next 14 months.
- I will not drop out of the wedding party for any of the reasons listed above. If I do not like anything listed, I will not sign the contract, and I will be replaced. I understand that I do not agree to the above terms; it will not ruin the bride and I’s friendship. But if I sign and agree and later want to drop out, it will ruin our friendship.
- I will not try to convince the bride to change anything in her wedding.
- I will not talk negatively about anyone at the wedding.
- I will not gain more than 3kg between now and the wedding.
- I will wear only black or dark brown hair on the day of the wedding (highlights may be accepted with prior approval)
- I cannot wear any lashes on the day of the wedding unless professionally installed.
- I will support the bride in everything she chooses.
- I will not consume more than seven units of alcohol during any event except the bachelorette party (there will be no limit).
- I will not bring a date to a wedding or reception without bridal approval.
- I will not bring any outside people, except kids, to any meeting.
- I will not bring my kids to the wedding unless they are a part of the wedding party (no exceptions).
- I will make sure I have an accountable babysitter the day of all events, and I understand that no show for no babysitter will not be an acceptable excuse.
- I will not make any advances towards males at the wedding party.
- I will not date anyone at the wedding party that I wasn’t dating before I signed this contract.
- I will be happy and positive at all times during the wedding and reception.
- I understand that no friendship with the bride is bigger than anyone in her wedding party, and everyone will be treated equally.
- I understand that I may have to do physical activity at the reception, and this requires practices provided by the bride.
- No colored contact lenses are allowed.