Connect with us

Boy, 12, Set Lawn On Fire After Getting Magnifying Glass For Christmas

Christmas

Boy, 12, Set Lawn On Fire After Getting Magnifying Glass For Christmas

A Christmas to remember.

One family got their fair share of news coverage after their boy accidentally set fire to their lawn on Christmas. No, the boy didn’t have anger management, nor was he playing with matches; he was armed with only a magnifying glass.

Nissa-Lynn Parson, the mom of the 12-year-old boy, shared pictures and a video of the family trying to put out the fire on their property in Texas.

boy accidentally set his lawn on fire on Christmas 3
Nissa-Lynn Parson

Parson explained, “My 12-year-old son Cayden received a magnifying glass, which we thought was for reading, but instead, he tried to see if he could light a fire with it.”

Well, it turns out he chewed more than he could bite and quickly ran in to alert her. The mom explained that she knew her kids were playing in the yard but did not imagine it would turn into fire. The family in matching pajamas quickly went out with hose in hands to control the flame.

“Everything was under control until the boys came running into the house telling us that a corner of the lawn was on fire and the Christmas lights were melting.”

boy accidentally set his lawn on fire on Christmas 1
Nissa-Lynn Parson

Cayden’s dad, Justin, said that it wasn’t unusual that he’d ask for a magnifying glass because he’s a science boy. He’s an avid reader, and that was just one among his other wishes, such as books, a piano keyboard, and a robot-building kit.

The fire spread and burnt a little bit of their neighbor’s lawn, but they did not show particularly discontent expressions. Justin said, “The other neighbors felt bad they didn’t see it to help put it out.”

boy accidentally set his lawn on fire on Christmas 2
Nissa-Lynn Parson

This definitely surprised Cayden, but her mom said, “Instead of a tragedy, it will now be a Christmas to remember.”

More in Christmas

To Top